Friday, February 26, 2010

Over a year

It's been over a year since the last blog update. Surely, I can do better than that.

Rather than try to fill in the holes of the past year, I'll post pictures I've taken with my blackberry. Everybody loves the pictures best anyway. And these pictures are the best, because this is how life happens. We're out somewhere, and someone does something funny. "Where's the camera?" we always ask. Doesn't matter. I've got a camera on my phone.

Jacob has been getting paid for chores. Somehow, he earned $17 (earned, or just took out of our change jar). He bought himself a stegosaurus. This dino is a pal to the triceratops the Easter Bunny brought last year. The stegosaurus has been named Gutson, and the triceratops is Horn. Gutson and Horn. Sounds like a law firm to me. Of course, they have to eat, so Jacob made them some food. I have no idea what this is, but the dinos loved it.




The boys LOVE the Children's Museum. I LOVE having a membership. It makes it easy to go for a short visit and not feel like I wasted $20 for only spending an hour there. As the kids age, different areas of the museum become more attractive. Jacob is outgrowing Playscape, and unfortunately, that means Tyler doesn't get at much time there as he probably should. But, we spend a lot more time with the Dinosaurs and Science exhibits. Here, the boys went in a tunnel that pops up in the middle of a big dinosaur scene. If you could imagine a life size t-rex fossil fighting a life size triceratops fossil, the boys are the little meerkats popping their heads up at their feet.



Tyler at Playscape



Jacob atop a statue.



Jacob will start kindergarten next year at St. Lawrence. It's where I went to school, and I'm very happy that he'll have a school to love him and nurture him. We took him to visit, and he got to play with one of their smart boards. It's a video screen, and you can use "markers" to "color" on it. He had a great time making a water horse and writing his name. I was so proud when everyone was impressed that this pre-kindergartener could write his name. He insisted on wearing the necklace he made. I mean, who doesn't want to make their own jewelry and wear it, and have strangers comment on how beautiful it is?


And, then there's Tyler who, without fail, climbs into the dryer on a weekly basis.


That's all for now. I have plenty of pictures saved up for the next time I get around to the blog.
Audrey

No comments: